Friday, August 26, 2011

Earthquake & Hurricane Week

Well, this has been quite an eventful week. On Tuesday afternoon, I was in the basement folding laundry (such an exciting life I lead!) when the windows rattled and the whole house shook. First thought: a truck ran into my house. Second thought: a bomb (this is Washington, DC, and we think about those things). Third thought: an earthquake? Yep, that's what it was. My son and I ran upstairs and turned on CNN and saw that we were right. I had experienced one once before, in Chicago of all places. It's very scary but over quickly. We had no damage and nothing fell so we're good.

Just as the dust had settled from that, we are now bracing for a hurricane that is predicted to hit the east coast tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not too worried - I think the worst thing that might happen is that we lose power. I stocked up on tunafish and granola bars but the stores are out of bottled water. Keep your fingers crossed for us this weekend!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything stands up to the wind and rain.
    I know what an earthquake feels like but I could only imagine what a hurricane would be like.
    Maybe a little like a big dust storm that we get here only 10 times worst.
    Good luck.......

    ReplyDelete