Friday, August 3, 2012

Sashiko in NYC

I am back home from NYC having spent a wonderful few days visiting my adult children and delighting in all that NY has to offer. On Monday I visited M&J Trimming and Tinsel Trading, both stores treasure troves of ribbons, buttons and lots of frou frou!

On Tuesday I took an afternoon workshop at The City Quilter. The subject was Sashiko, a traditional Japanese embroidery. I chose the class because it fit into my schedule and because I didn't know much about Sashiko. Well, I wasn't disappointed! Our teacher taught us how to draft and mark patterns and how to achieve the stitch, using a long Sashiko needle and cotton thread.

After my class, I popped over to Lion Brand Yarn Studio just to check things out on the knitting scene. I bought one ball of yarn and got a free pattern to make a cowl.

I have more news which I will report later but...it has to do with the Zakka Sew Along!

No comments:

Post a Comment