Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Nine Patch Top is Finished!


Finish it up 15!  2015, that is.  This 9 Patch quilt has been sitting in pieces in a plastic box for some time.  I pulled it out and realized that it was almost done.  So I finished sewing the blocks together, went out and bought some batting, and spray basted it.  I brought it to the DC Modern Quilt Guild meeting last Saturday where I began hand quilting it.  I am using perle cotton #8 to quilt it which is new for me.  I think it's going to go quickly!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it goes as quickly as you think! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so sweet, home sweet with a kind of old fashioned feel to the colors and that great traditional block, the 9 patch. The wavy quilting lines will soften all those squares, can't wait to see how it finishes up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Such a classic and for a good reason. It will look wonderful when you are done hand quilting it.

    ReplyDelete